You’ll love the simplicity of those wholesome and scrumptious Mediterranean baked salmon fillets with rosemary, garlic and a contact of chilli. Serve along with your favorite aspect dish for a nutritious meal filled with protein and wholesome fat. Prepared in half-hour, this salmon dish is paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, keto and Whole30-friendly.
As I’m at present nurturing a new child, I’m all about fast and straightforward meals AND ensuring I get a number of vitamins to help each my bub’s and my wants. Getting high quality protein and people Omega-3s for wholesome mind improvement is tremendous vital to me, so I attempt to embrace oily fish a number of instances every week. Some days it’s a easy tin of sardines (and also you guys know the way a lot I rave about this fish!) and different instances it’s a chunk of salmon.
Baked salmon fillets have gotten to be one of many best meals to place collectively. For this recipe, I selected a Mediterranean-style seasoning of chopped rosemary and garlic, and a contact of chilli (which might be omitted). Salmon is baked for about 15-20 minutes, providing you with simply sufficient time to make a giant salad or put together a aspect of greens, potatoes, rice, quinoa or no matter you want.
You can also make a number of additional fillets and luxuriate in them as leftovers the following day both with scrambled eggs, in a salad or a wrap.
TIPS FOR BEST BAKED SALMON FILLETS
Tip 1. Use tremendous recent, wild salmon if potential. I’ll typically get frozen wild salmon fillets as they’re normally cheaper. Should you can’t afford wild fish, then get the very best quality you’ll be able to afford. Salmon steaks quite than fillets is one other budget-friendly possibility.
Tip 2. The following is selecting your favorite strategy to season and flavour the salmon. I prefer to preserve it easy with these combos:
- Mediterranean-style with herbs like rosemary or thyme, garlic, olive oil and lemon
- Miso, butter and Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Easy sea salt and candy chilli sauce
- Olive oil, paprika, sea salt and lemon zest
- Ginger, garlic, spring onions, sesame oil and Tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Nuts, garlic and herbs crushed right into a paste and used as a crust
- Harissa, honey and tomato paste with a splash of olive oil
Tip 3. Make certain the oven is preheated to at the very least 200 C (390-400 F) earlier than you add the salmon and place the tray within the center or a bit nearer to the highest to get extra warmth on prime of the fillets.
MORE HEALTHY RECIPES WITH SALMON
For a fast and straightforward dinner meal, make these easy but scrumptious Mediterranean baked salmon fillets with rosemary, garlic, chili and tomato paste. Prepared in half-hour, this salmon dish is nutritious and wholesome. It’s gluten-free, paleo, keto and Whole30 pleasant.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Place a chunk of parchment paper on a flat baking tray or put together a frivolously greased oven tray.
- Brush the fleshy aspect of the salmon fillets with tomato paste, only a skinny layer. Sprinkle evenly with salt, rosemary, garlic and a bit chilli. Drizzle every fillet with a bit little bit of olive oil or place a chunk of butter or ghee on prime. I personally love a bit butter for additional richness.
- Place salmon fillets, pores and skin aspect down, on the tray. Bake for quarter-hour or till cooked to your liking. Bigger or thicker items may take nearer to twenty minutes.
- Whereas salmon is baking, put together a salad or one other aspect dish you want.
Ocean trout or white fish fillets may also be used on this recipe. You should utilize one massive, complete salmon half as an alternative of particular person fillets, which seems to be particularly good when served for a ‘fancy’ dinner.
- Serving Dimension: 1 salmon fillet
- Energy: 246
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 726.1 mg
- Fats: 11 g
- Saturated Fats: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Ldl cholesterol: 79.1 mg
Key phrases: Salmon, Fish, Mediterranean, Dinner, Gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto