This quick and easy prawn stir-fry comes with crunchy and nutritious broccoli and cashew nuts, and a touch of chilli. It’s a quick and easy dinner (under 20 minutes) and super tasty. This recipe is paleo, gluten-free, Whole30 and keto-friendly.
What You Need What For This Prawn (Shrimp) Stir-Fry
There are three key ingredients in this dish: raw prawns (or shrimp), broccoli and roasted cashew nuts. You can use raw cashew nuts, but in my opinion, the roasted ones are much better for this recipe.
The rest are a few beautiful Asian aromatics – garlic, chilli, ginger – and sauces, which you can easily get online or in your local health food store. If you’re not familiar with coconut aminos, read this blog post.
The whole stir-fry takes about 20-25 minutes and can be served as is if you want a paleo/low-carb meal or with some rice, rice noodles or quinoa on the side.
Make-ahead tip: You can save even more time by making a batch of my paleo stir-fry sauce to store in the fridge. It can easily be used for this dish.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
This quick and easy paleo stir-fry with shrimp, cashew nuts and broccoli takes less than 30 minutes and is gluten-free, low-carb and Whole30 friendly. You can serve it as is or add regular rice on the side.
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Pour a few cups of boiling hot water to a pot and place over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Strain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat coconut oil in a large frying pan or a wok. Add the chilli, ginger and cashew nuts and stir-fry for a minute, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil and lemon or lime juice.
- Add the prawns to the pan and stir through for a minute, then add the garlic and stir for 30 more seconds.
- Finally add the pre-cooked broccoli and the sauce and stir-fry together for a minute. Serve right away, while still nice and hot.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (125 g shrimp)
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Sodium: 2486.6 mg
- Fat: 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 30.2 g
- Cholesterol: 157.5 mg
By Irena Macri
About the author: Hi, I’m Irena Macri. I share easy, delicious recipes with a healthy twist. I’ve been food blogging for over 10 years and have a Diploma in Nutrition & Weight Management. I believe in a balanced diet with an occasional cookie and cheesy pasta. More about me here. Sign-up for my newsletter and subscriber freebies.
PS. Some posts contain affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission for purchases made through these links.