Zucchini with Pesto is an ideal low-carb and Keto summer season facet dish and for those who use bought basil pesto that is additional fast and straightforward to make! I first made this recipe with my early summer season Spinach and Basil Pesto, however use any pesto you’ve readily available!
PIN the Zucchini with Pesto recipe to attempt it later!
For this week’s Friday Favorites put up, I’m recommending this simple and attractive recipe for Zucchini with Pesto! Whether or not you’re rising basil and making pesto or shopping for bought pesto, this dish that mixes fast pan-fried zucchini with pesto is a superb facet dish. I’d love this recipe with any sort of pesto, and I first tried it with the Spinach and Basil Pesto I made after I didn’t have a lot basil.
Then I made it with my favourite Basil Pesto with Lemon and that was completely scrumptious as effectively. And if you wish to make this additional simple to get on the desk, you may undoubtedly make it with my favourite bought pesto as effectively.
In the event you’re rising a vegetable backyard, you could not have zucchini but, however PIN the recipe now so you will discover it in August when the zucchini are in overdrive. For these of you who’re fortunate sufficient to have a backyard, you may by no means have too many zucchini recipes, so examine after the principle recipe for some extra zucchini dishes I’ve loved.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
- Olive Oil (affiliate hyperlink)
- giant cloves of garlic, sliced
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
Are you able to make this recipe with different summer season squash?
Summer season squash refers to squash that has a tender pores and skin that may simply be pierced with a fingernail, and this recipe is an ideal manner to make use of any sort of summer season squash, together with yellow crook-neck or straight-neck squash, Patty Pan squash, or different summer season squashes.
Need extra tasty concepts for utilizing pesto?
Try My Favourite Low-Carb and Keto Recipes with Pesto for extra tasty concepts for utilizing basil pesto!
How you can make Zucchini with Pesto:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary info.)
- Wash zucchini and reduce into slices which can be about 1/2 inch thick.
- Warmth the oil after which saute the garlic slices for 1-2 minutes, or till you odor garlic. (That is known as “seasoning the oil” in Chinese language cooking.)
- Add zucchini to the recent pan, in a single layer if attainable.
- Cowl and prepare dinner about 4 minutes, turning the zucchini a few times so it will get browned on all sides.
- Right here’s my zucchini the primary time I turned them, simply beginning to get brown.
- After I turned them once more I used to be getting extra of the good browned coloration I needed. After 4 minutes, take away lid and prepare dinner zucchini a minute or two longer if wanted, or till the zucchini is properly browned and is tender-crisp.
- As quickly because it reaches that time, stir in Spinach and Basil Pesto, Basil Pesto with Lemon, my favourite pesto from a jar, or whichever pesto you’re utilizing.
- Stir round gently till all of the zucchini is coated with pesto, season with salt and recent floor black pepper, and serve instantly.
Ten Wonderful Zucchini Recipes to Begin Zucchini Season:
Straightforward Tacky Zucchini Bake
Garlic-Lover’s Vegetable Stir-Fry
Vegetarian Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini Bake with Feta and Thyme
How you can Grill Zucchini
Zucchini Carpaccio (Uncooked Zucchini Salad with Lemon, Herbs, and Goat Cheese)
Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad
Roasted Summer season Squash with Feta Cheese and Basil
Zucchini Crust Vegetarian Pizza Margherita
Marinated Zucchini Salad
- 3 medium sized zucchini
- 1 T olive oil
- 3 giant cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup Pesto (see notes)
- salt and recent floor black pepper to style
- If utilizing pesto that has been refrigerated, take away it and let come to room temperature.
- Wash zucchini and trim off ends. Reduce zucchini into 1/2 inch slices. (For bigger zucchini, I’d reduce in half lengthwise after which into slices.
- Warmth olive oil over medium-high warmth in giant heavy frying pan with lid.
- Add garlic cloves and saute 1-2 minutes, simply till you begin to odor the garlic, then take away garlic cloves and discard.
- Add zucchini to scorching pan, arranging them in a single layer if attainable.
- Flip warmth to medium, then cowl and prepare dinner about 4 minutes, turning the zucchini a few times.
- After 4 minutes, examine to see if each side are browned and the squash is getting as tender as you’d prefer it.
- Cook dinner 1-2 extra minutes, uncovered, as wanted till zucchini is tender-crisp and any liquid is evaporated.
- Flip off warmth and spoon pesto over zucchini and stir gently. Let it soften for a minute or two, season the zucchini to style with salt and fresh-ground black pepper, put into serving dish, and serve instantly.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 223Complete Fats: 20gSaturated Fats: 4gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 15gLdl cholesterol: 8mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 6g
Vitamin info is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seashore Weight loss program Solutions:
This Zucchini with Pesto is an ideal facet dish for any low-carb or Keto weight loss plan plan in addition to any part of the unique South Seashore Weight loss program. Though pesto like that is comparatively excessive in fats, pine nuts and olive oil are each thought-about “good fats” by South Seashore and also you’re not consuming an enormous quantity of pesto.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Zucchini Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one.Use the Weight loss program Sort Index to search out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2007, after I was making pesto with spinach from my backyard! The recipe was final up to date with extra info in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.