Table of Contents
Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken with Garlic Alfredo shells is the most creamy and delicious homemade garlic alfredo shells topped with crispy parmesan-coated garlic chicken. This is an absolutely fantastic meal that will instantly become a family favorite!
I just cannot get enough of the alfredo sauce and chicken combo! For more of the amazing cream sauce paired with tender chicken try One Pot Cajun Chicken Alfredo Pasta or Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Shells.
Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken with Garlic Alfredo Shells
There are some recipes that I get so excited about sharing with you. This recipe is one of them! I took some of my favorite things from some of my best recipes on the blog, combined it in this dish, and the result was incredible! First, I started with my favorite alfredo sauce base. It is the creamiest most delicious homemade alfredo sauce that you will make! Then, I added some minced garlic which added some garlic flavor to it. It tasted just like it came out of a restaurant! So creamy and delicious.
Then I chose shells for my pasta because my kids love them, and let me tell you, the garlic alfredo sauce coated them perfectly! Oh my goodness. These were so yummy! But then it got even better when I added the crispy parmesan garlic chicken on top. The chicken gets dipped in a buttery garlic and then coated in a crispy parmesan garlic coating. It is phenomenal! On top of the unbelievably amazing flavor, it was also super easy to make! Doesn’t that sound amazing?! Trust me and go try it yourself! You will thank me later!
Parmesan Garlic Crusted Chicken with Shells Ingredients:
The crispy coating on the outside goes so perfectly with these garlic alfredo shells. The crispy outside flaked over the shells and added such AMAZING flavor! As soon as my family had the first bite they couldn’t believe how good it was!
- Chicken Breasts: Boneless skinless works great, or try chicken tender strips (I used tenders)
- Butter: Melted to dip the chicken in before adding crispy coating.
- Garlic powder: The garlic powder will be added into the melted butter and act as a glue to hold coating on the chicken.
- Bread crumbs: The bread crumbs will coat the outside of the chicken to give it a crispy skin.
- Parmesan cheese: Shredded and mixed together with spices and bread crumbs to add nutty flavor.
- Oregano and Parsley: These great spices give an Italian seasoning to the chicken.
Creamy Garlic Alfredo Shells:
- Pasta shells: Choose your favorite type of pasta.
- Heavy whipping cream: Thins out the sauce and adds sweetness.
- Cream cheese: Softened thoroughly so that it will easily melt into sauce and not leave small white pieces in your sauce.
- Parmesan cheese: Freshly grated will give you the best flavor and will melt into the sauce seamlessly
- Garlic powder: The more garlic flavor the better!
- Garlic: Finely minced so you get that fantastic garlic taste.
- Salt and pepper: To taste!
- Parsley: Beautiful colorful garnish
Let’s Get Cooking!
Before choosing a recipe to cook for my family I always scroll directly to the instructions to see how complicated it is. I don’t have time for fussy, hard to understand recipes. That’s why I know this is going to be one I’ll make often! I love how simple it is to follow and how hard it is to mess up!
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a shallow bowl combine melted butter and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl combine bread crumbs, shredded parmesan cheese, oregano, and parsley.
- Coat the Chicken: Dip the chicken into the melted butter and then coat in the bread crumb mixture.
- Bake Chicken: Place on a greased baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout and no longer pink.
- Cook pasta: Follow package directions to cook the pasta shells until al dente.
- Saute Sauce: In a large saucepan cook the heavy cream and cream cheese together until smooth and cream cheese has melted. Add garlic powder, minced garlic, pepper, and salt. Lastly, whisk in the parmesan cheese. Continue to cook over medium heat until heated throughout. Add the cooked pasta shells and toss until coated.
- Serve immediately with parmesan garlic chicken chopped on top. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Easy Options for Parmesan Garlic Chicken and Alfredo:
No recipe is complete without those extra suggestions at the end, right? Hear me when I say, if you change nothing in this recipe you will have a hit on your hands! However, if you are in need of some variations here are some great ideas.
- Low Carb: Swap out the pasta for mashed cauliflower or a zucchini noodle.
- Breading: Panko breading is a Japanese bread crumb that would be fantastic on this chicken. Also consider using crushed Ritz crackers for a buttery crumb coat.
- Cheese: Asiago cheese would also be amazing in this cream sauce. Really any cheese you love that is freshly grated and melts easily would be great! I just prefer the taste of the Parmesan in mine.
- Serve with: I love to serve this meal with a Caesar salad and asparagus. It makes for an impressive and completely delicious meal!
How to Store Leftover Chicken and Shells:
The best method when handling the leftovers for this meal is to store the sauce separate from the pasta and chicken. Allow them to each cool completely. Then, place separately in freezer safe airtight containers.
- Parmesan Chicken: When properly stored, the chicken will last in the refrigerator 3-4 days or in the freezer for 2 months.
- Alfredo sauce: After properly storing this delicious sauce will keep well in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
- Reheating Alfredo Sauce: When reheating from frozen, allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then stir well in a stovetop pan and adding more water or cream sauce as needed to keep the sauce from separating. Do not overheat the sauce.