Table of Contents
This web site might comprise affiliate hyperlinks and promoting in order that we will present recipes to you. Learn my privateness coverage.
Grilling watermelon helps the sugars to caramelize and offers it a scrumptious trace of smoky taste! Add a drizzle of honey lime sauce and contemporary chopped mint on prime for the final word refreshing aspect dish.
Fruity sides are the very best addition to any barbecue. They’re scrumptious, refreshing, and excellent for decent summer season days! Grilled pineapple, honey lime poppy seed fruit salad, and creamy grape salad are only a few tasty recipes to serve up all summer season lengthy.
Grilled Watermelon With a Honey Lime Glaze
Nothing screams summer season fairly like watermelon. It’s crisp, juicy, and refreshing- excellent for snacking on because the temperatures rise. Now, I do know it’s scrumptious as-is, however grilling it actually takes it to the subsequent stage. Grilling watermelon sears in all of these scrumptious juices and helps the sugars to caramelize! It additionally provides a barely smoky taste which is totally wonderful. When you get a chew of this grilled watermelon, you gained’t need it some other method!
And it doesn’t cease there- I’ve added an incredible honey lime glaze and chopped mint to this recipe for contemporary, juicy taste you gained’t be capable of get sufficient of. It’s the right mixture of tart and candy! Plus, this grilled watermelon solely takes a couple of minutes to organize, making it the right of entirety to any barbecue. Carry this to your subsequent summer season get-together and I promise will probably be successful. It’s simply too good to withstand!
All the pieces You Must Make It
Since watermelon is so scrumptious by itself, you solely want just a few further components to boost it. Belief me, this grilled watermelon recipe is one you’ll need to carry on repeat! Measurements for every ingredient could be discovered within the recipe card beneath.
- Watermelon: Though you might be tempted to choose the shiniest watermelon within the bunch, it is a signal that it’s underripe. The proper watermelon can be heavy, deep inexperienced, and barely dull-looking. Give it a thump- if the sound that comes from it’s deep and hole, this implies it has a excessive liquid content material and can be good and juicy.
- Honey: Provides sweetness and the right glazed texture.
- Lime Juice and Zest: Helps to steadiness out sweetness and offers your grilled watermelon a pleasant, zesty taste.
- Mint Leaves: Not solely does it odor nice, however chopped mint provides a cool refreshing taste to your watermelon. Basil can also be a terrific herb so as to add on prime!
Methods to Grill Watermelon
Grilled watermelon is the right aspect and really easy to make! It comes collectively in lower than quarter-hour with only a few easy steps. When you get a style of that candy, smoky taste, you’ll need to make it time and again.
- Preheat Grill: Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Cook dinner: Add the watermelon to the grill and cook dinner for 4-5 minutes on both sides or till barely charred.
- Put together Glaze: In a small bowl, add the honey, lime juice, and the zest of 1 lime. Stir till mixed.
- High Watermelon With Glaze and Chopped Mint: Drizzle glaze on prime of the watermelon, garnish with chopped mint leaves and serve instantly.
Suggestions and Tasty Variations
These are just a few further methods you may customise the flavour of your grilled watermelon. It is a tremendous versatile dish and may simply be tweaked to your liking!
- Oil Your Grill: Brush your grill with a little bit of oil earlier than cooking your watermelon to maintain it from sticking.
- Sprinkle With Salt: If you happen to sprinkle a bit of salt on prime of your grilled watermelon, it can assist improve its pure sweetness.
- Add Tajin: Tajin is a well-liked Mexican spice and tastes wonderful on fruit! Sprinkle a bit of on prime of your grilled watermelon for a taste mixture that’s bitter, candy, juicy, and just a bit spicy.
Storing Leftover Grilled Watermelon
Your watermelon can have the very best taste proper off the grill, however could be saved and loved just a few days after it’s made.
- Within the Fridge: In an hermetic container, your grilled watermelon will keep good for 3-4 days.