Table of Contents
These scrumptious Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce are a brilliant quick-and-easy low-carb hen dinner that the household will love!
PIN Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce to attempt them later!
This new recipe for Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce is definitely an replace for a really previous recipe that I made years in the past with turkey cutlets. However via the years I began having a tough time discovering turkey for this recipe, and once I made the recipe I switched it out for hen.
And I completely beloved the recipe with hen cutlets, so I made a decision I needed to replace the recipe on the positioning with that model. After all you may nonetheless make this with turkey cutlets too when you discover these at your retailer.
I used only a small quantity of seasoned almond flour for coating the hen items to make this a low-carb dish, and the almond flour labored effectively and added taste. And I simply used mayo to thicken the sauce, though you might stir in a bit of cornstarch when you’re not being fairly so strict on carbs. Should you like quick-and-easy hen dinners, you’re going to like this recipe!
What substances do you want for this recipe?
- hen cutlet slices
- Almond Flour (affiliate hyperlink)
- Poultry Seasoning (affiliate hyperlink)
- Szeged Hen Rub (affiliate hyperlink) or any seasoning you want on hen
- salt to style (I solely used a tiny little bit of salt)
- recent floor pepper to style
- hen broth
- Dijon Mustard (affiliate hyperlink) or different mustard of your selection
What are hen cutlets?
Should you’re not aware of hen cutlets, they’re actually simply boneless, skinless hen breasts which are sliced in half lengthwise to make two thinner items of hen. In Utah I can discover them pre-sliced and labeled as cutlets at my native Smiths Market, and I’m guessing most bigger supermarkets may have them. However when you don’t discover cutlets within the meat division, they are surely straightforward to slice your self.
Can you utilize different kinds of mustard for this recipe?
I do know some folks aren’t Dijon mustard followers or don’t have it available, however you should use any kind of mustard you favor for this recipe.
Need simpler one-pan hen recipes?
Should you’re a fan of straightforward hen recipes that solely want one pan, take a look at Greek Skillet Hen, Sheet Pan Hen Fajitas, Paprika Hen, Hen with Peanut Sauce, or Roasted Lemon Hen and Inexperienced Beans Sheet Pan Meal.
Make Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe with dietary data.)
- I purchased hen cutlets, however when you can’t discover them, simply use thinly sliced hen breasts which are reduce lengthwise to make two skinny items.
- Combine the almond flour, poultry seasoning, Szeged Hen Rub or different hen seasoning, salt, and pepper in a dish that can simply maintain the cutlets.
- Then dip every cutlet in almond flour combination and on each side. I made a really skinny coating on the cutlets.
- Soften the butter over medium warmth in a heavy frying pan sufficiently big to carry the hen.
- Add the hen cutlets to the pan. Watch rigorously cook dinner till they’re barely beginning to look accomplished on the perimeters, about 2-3 minutes.
- Then flip and cook dinner a further 2-3 minutes, or till they really feel agency (however no exhausting) whenever you press on the meat along with your finger.
- I used an Instantaneous Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to make certain the hen had reached the secure cooking temperature of 165F/75C.
- Take away hen to a plate and canopy with foil to maintain it heat.
- Add hen inventory to the pan and cook dinner about 2 minutes, scraping off the browned bits with a turner.
- Whisk collectively the mayo and Dijon mustard, then add it to the pan.
- Decrease the warmth and whisk to get the sauce substances all mixed. (Should you’re not that skilled making pan sauces, utilizing a whisk is essential.)
- Prepare dinner sauce, whisking the entire time till the combination is lowered by 1/3, about 2-3 minutes extra.
- Serve sauce over hen items and revel in!
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
These tasty hen cutlets would make an ideal low-carb meal served with Spinach Salad with Bacon and Feta, Roasted Turnips, Stir-Fried Spinach with Garlic and Parmesan, Cucumber Salad with Parsley and Feta, or Parmesan Encrusted Zucchini.
Need extra Low-Carb Hen Dinners?
You may take a look at Keto Hen Breast Recipes or Keto Grilled Hen Recipes for extra low-carb dinner concepts with hen!
- 4 hen cutlet slices
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. Szeged Hen Rub (see notes)
- 1/4 tsp. salt (or to style, however I solely used a tiny little bit of salt)
- recent floor pepper to style
- 2 T butter
- 3/4 cup hen broth
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 2 T mayo
- Mix almond flour, poultry seasoning, hen rub, salt, and pepper in flat dish.
- Dredge all hen cutlet items in almond flour combination and put aside.
- Warmth heavy frying pan sufficiently big to carry all of the items in a single layer, add butter, and soften over medium warmth.
- Add hen cutlets and watch till they barely begin to brown on the perimeters, about 2-3 minutes, then flip and cook dinner for about 2-3 minutes longer on the opposite aspect.
- The hen is finished when it feels agency (however not exhausting) to the contact. When you’ve got an Instantaneous Learn Meat Thermometer, cook dinner hen to 165F/75C.
- Take away hen to a plate and canopy with foil to maintain heat.
- Deglaze the pan with hen inventory, stirring effectively to get browned bits from the underside of the pan.
- Whisk collectively Dijon and mayo, then whisk that into the liquid within the pan.
- Prepare dinner sauce, whisking the entire time, till it’s lowered by about 1/3, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over hen and serve instantly.
If you do not have Szeged Hen Rub (affiliate hyperlink) simply use your favourite all goal seasoning that tastes good on poultry.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 293Complete Fats: 16gSaturated Fats: 5gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 10gLdl cholesterol: 104mgSodium: 615mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g
Vitamin data is robotically calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seaside Weight loss program Solutions:
Hen Cutlets with Mustard Sauce can be appropriate for low-carb or Keto weight loss plan plans, and in addition for any part of the unique South Seaside Weight loss program.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use the Hen Recipes or Fast and Simple Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss program Kind Index to seek out recipes appropriate for a selected consuming plan. You may also wish to comply with Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first made with turkey cutlets within the very early days of my weblog. Via the years I couldn’t at all times discover the turkey and loved the recipe with hen, so in 2022 I up to date the recipe with drastically improved pictures to indicate it with hen cutlets.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Companies LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to offer a method for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.