Table of Contents
You will love these ground lamb burgers with feta and olives served with grilled zucchini and a green salad. Nutritious lamb meat takes on Greek flavours and results in succulent, juicy burger patties that you can pan-fry or grill outdoors. This recipe is gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly.
When I lived in London, I made a few favourite local food discoveries. One of those is the burgers (and sausages) from the Muddy Boots butchers in Crouch End. Not only do they make scrumptious burger patties with interesting flavours and succulent bangers, but their meat quality is top-notch – a win-win situation!
They have these amazing tasting lamb, feta and olive burger patties but they actually contain some bread crumbs (they have loads of GF stuff as well). To cut the story short, after trying these burgers and falling in love with the flavours, I decided to recreate my own version without the wheat/gluten.
NOTES FOR MAKING MY LAMB BURGERS WITH FETA
I decided to stick to very similar ingredients but you can easily make these burgers with ground beef, chicken or pork instead of lamb. I recommend using goat’s or sheep’s milk feta as these are usually less problematic for people with milk sensitivities, however, you can also omit the cheese completely and adjust the salt seasoning. Instead, you could add some sun-dried tomatoes…then again, the feta might be the secret to their deliciousness so it’s your call.
For a complete meal, I served these with grilled zucchini and a salad with gherkins and sun-dried tomatoes but you could also make some sweet potato fries and grilled onions on the side. They are fantastic on a barbecue too, just make sure not to flip them too early as they might crumble a little.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!
MORE GROUND MEAT RECIPES TO TRY
You will love these ground lamb burgers with feta and olives served with grilled zucchini and a green salad. Nutritious lamb meat takes on Greek flavours and results in succulent, juicy burger patties that you can pan-fry or grill on a barbecue. This recipe is gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly.
For the burgers
For the grilled zucchini
For the salad (what I used)
- Combine ground lamb mince with onion, garlic, tomato paste, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Use your hands to squeeze the mixture together to make sure all ingredients are well integrated.
- Then add half of the feta and olives and fold through the mixture using your hands. Finally, add the other half of the feta and olives and fold through carefully this time so that some of the feta crumbs stay intact.
- Using clean, wet hands, mould the mixture into 8 round burger patties (about 1/2-2/3 cup of the mixture per burger) and flatten them slightly. Set aside on a cutting board or a plate.
- Heat a dollop of oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the burger patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side over medium-high heat.
- In the meantime, cook the zucchini in a separate frying pan over medium-high heat. You can use a little olive oil, coconut oil, ghee or butter to cook the zucchini. I grilled mine for about 1-2 minutes on each side or until grill marks appeared. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and set aside.
- Mix together a salad of choice and serve on four plates. Then add two burger patties per serve (more if you wish) with the grilled zucchini in between and over the top. Serve with a side of mustard or your favourite condiment, although you might not feel like any.
You can use any type of olives in this recipe but keep in mind that some are stronger and saltier in flavour so you might need to adjust the salt. Goat’s and sheep’s milk feta can be replaced with regular feta or omitted altogether.
Not a fan of lamb? Ground beef, chicken or pork work just as well in this recipe.
- Serving Size: 2 lamb burgers patties + 1 zucchini & salad
- Calories: 614
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Sodium: 1149.2 mg
- Fat: 42 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 47.5 g
- Cholesterol: 142.7 mg
Keywords: Lamb, Ground Lamb, Burgers, Lamb Patties, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Zucchini, Greek